Support System for the Joint Research of Next-Generation Researchers FY2020 Application Guidelines
To promote the work of young researchers who will be the leaders of the next generation and to help them develop their management skills, the Front Office of Human Resource Education and Development (FOHRED) is conducting an on-the-job development and support program.
The Support System for the Joint Research of Young, Next-Generation Researchers, part of this on-the-job development and support program, assists young researchers in carrying out the following in Hokkaido: joint research with research institutions, and interdisciplinary joint research in the humanities and sciences.
The following are the FY2020 application guidelines for this support system. If you wish to use the system, please apply by submitting the designated form.
Aim of the support system
• Develop the research and leadership skills of the young researchers of Hokkaido University.
• Expand the research network in Hokkaido; promote interdisciplinary research in the humanities and sciences in Hokkaido.
Who is eligible for this support system?
• A principal investigator affiliated with Hokkaido University who is planning to conduct joint research with a researcher at a research institution (university or private company) within Hokkaido.
• A principal investigator affiliated with Hokkaido University who is planning to conduct interdisciplinary joint research in the humanities and sciences with a researcher at Hokkaido University or another research institution within Hokkaido. (The co-researcher can be affiliated with Hokkaido University or another research institution within Hokkaido.)
• This support system aims to develop young researchers through on-the-job training. We hope that many young researchers will apply to use the support system.
Amount of research support
• We will provide up to 1,000,000 yen to the principal investigator affiliated with Hokkaido University.
• Research support expenses can be used from the time the application is accepted up to the end of Feb. ,2021.
• Research support expenses can be used to pay for equipment and fixtures (purchase amount of 500,000 yen or more), consumables, travel (participation in academic conferences required for the presentation of research results, meetings related to the research, etc.), as well as honorariums, postage and shipping, rental fees, and miscellaneous costs.
Note: Travel expenses for meetings held at Hokkaido University are the only expenses you may provide to a co-researcher affiliated with another organization besides Hokkaido University.
As a general rule, the period of execution of the research support funds is from the date of the decision to adopt the program to the end of February 2020.
How to apply
• Applicants: please submit the designated application form by email to the Office for Developing Future Research Leaders (L-Station). (Deadline: May 18, 2020)
For more information, please contact
Office for Developing Future Research Leaders (L-Station)
Front Office for Human Resource Education and Development
Date: April 15, 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Venue: Conference Room on the 1st floor of the Mid Campus Research Building 1
You will need ELMS GSuite account to watch the movie. This movie available from April 15, 5pm to April 22, 15pm.